How to setup 2-step verification
BitGo enforces Two Factor Authentication to protect your account. Two Factor Authentication protects your account with your phone as well as your password. You are required to setup 2-Step Verification on sign up after you confirm your email. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- Sign Up for a BitGo Personal account: https://www.bitgo.com/wallet
- You will receive a confirmation email. Click on the link in your confirmation email to verify your account.
- Log in to your account and you will be asked to setup Two Factor Authentication
- You can setup Two Factor Authentication using Google Authenticator or Yubikey
Setting up Two Factor Authentication via Google Authenticator:
- If you choose to use Google Authenticator for your Two Step Authentication, you'll be prompted to download the Google Authenticator app.
- Download the Google Authenticator app from the app store. Then Click on the “+” icon on the upper right hand side to add your bitgo account to google authenticator. You can then select the scan barcode option or manual entry to link your account.
- On scanning the barcode, your BitGo account will get added to Google authenticator.
- Now enter the 6-digit code into the prompt and click Submit.
For future logins, attempts to send bitcoin, or when you make any significant changes to your account, you will be prompted for a 6 digit code from your Google Authenticator app. Simply open the app, type the 6 digit code into the prompt, and then click the blue button to verify the code.
Setting up Two Factor Authentication via Yubikey:
- If you choose to use Yubikey for your Two Factor Authentication, Select the Yubikey option and click next.
- Enter a Label for your Yubikey
- Tab to the Yubikey Code field
- Insert your Yubikey in your computer’s USB port. If your key has a button or a gold disc, tap it.
You Yubikey will be added as your Two Factor Authentication device.
- For future logins, attempts to send bitcoin, or when you make any significant changes to your account, you will be prompted to insert a Yubikey. Simply insert your Yubikey in your computer’s USB port. If your key has a button or a gold disc, tap it.