The BitGo Wallet Recovery Wizard is an open-source tool produced by BitGo to help users with coin recoveries. The Wallet Recovery Wizard currently supports:
- Recovering coins without the use of BitGo services via the Recovery KeyCard
- Recovering funds sent to addresses on the wrong chain (e.g., BTC sent to an LTC address)
- Recovering ERC20 tokens that are not officially supported by BitGo
- Recovering funds from legacy migrated Bitcoin Cash wallets
The Wallet Recovery Wizard can be downloaded from its GitHub page. After downloading, follow the installation instructions for your platform.
1. Double-click the downloaded .dmg file.
2. In the window that opens, drag the icon titled 'BitGoWalletRecoveryWizard' to the 'Applications' folder.
3. Once copying is complete, right-click the BitGoWalletRecoveryWizard icon in the 'Applications' folder, and select 'Open' to start the application. If you receive a notification that the application could not be opened because the publisher is unknown, click 'Open' in the notification box to open the application.
1. Double-click the downloaded .exe file.
2. Follow the installation instructions provided in the Setup wizard to install the application
3. When the wizard is complete, run the BitGo Wallet Recovery Wizard application
When using the Wallet Recovery Wizard, you have the option to log into either 'Testnet', 'Mainnet' or 'Non-BitGo Recoveries'.
- 'Testnet' logs into BitGo's test environment at https://test.bitgo.com/
- 'Mainnet' logs into BitGo's production environment at https://www.bitgo.com/
- 'Non-BitGo Recoveries' enters the tool without logging into BitGo. In this mode, only the non-BitGo recovery function is available
Please contact email@example.com with any further questions or concerns.